The Partnership for a Healthy Ventura County (PHVC) is a partnership driven network that includes representatives from Ventura County Public Health, community organizations, direct health service providers, food security organizations, schools, local area businesses, and government agencies. We come together to share resources and promote policies and services for the sake of a healthy Ventura County.
[Click the link to view the complete PHVC Charter document.]
Ventura County is a place where people and communities embrace a culture of healthy eating.
We educate, advocate and mobilize around issues related to healthy eating and active living in Ventura County.
Our Values (Guiding Principles)
- Wellness: We foster wellness by supporting a culture of prevention.
- Knowledge and Innovation: As a trusted resource, we value current research, best practices and innovation. We are committed to inquiry and sharing of knowledge.
- Equity: In all aspects of our work, we strive for equity, inclusiveness and cultural relevance.
- Collaboration and Partnership: We are focused on aligning work, leveraging strategies, engaging communities, and practicing effective communication.
Our Committees & Workgroups
- Healthy at School
- Healthy at Work
- Healthy at Healthcare
- Healthy at Home*
- Healthy in your Neighborhood*
- Policy Workgroup
- Communications Workgroup
(*These two committees are currently meeting together.)
The Partnership for a Healthy Ventura County usually meets the 1st Thursday of the month from 9-10:30 am at Ventura County Public Health, 2240 E. Gonzales Road, CA 93006. Click here for directions. Any changes will be posted on the Events Calendar.
For more information, or to join a work group, contact:
Ventura County Public Health
Website Development & Content
We are grateful to funding provided by First 5 Ventura County with site development by Elizabeth Thasiah. We are also grateful for the generosity and content sharing of our many local partners, as well as:
The Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Healthy Living for Life, Alameda County Department of Public Health
Get Healthy Washoe County, Washoe County Department of Public Health
Sun Safety for Kids.org